Most payment industry experts agree a chip-based standard like EMV® is coming to the United States. Ignite Payments delivers the resources and education to prepare your business with EMV® Enablement solutions.
Benefits for Business
Smart card adoption in the U.S., which is necessary for the implementation of a standard like EMV, requires a thorough understanding of chip-based payment enablement. Merchants should start considering how EMV technology implementation would affect their businesses, and look into options for accepting chip-based credit and debit cards.
- Use a single EMV-enabled POS terminal for all transactions
- Accept contactless and mobile payments using EMV technology
- Mitigate fraud risks through EMV conversion
- Tools to assess what a smart card payment enablement plan would look like for upgrading all consumer-facing POS devices
- Comprehensive payments security plan to identify ways you can reduce fraud and data theft risks
- Cards with embedded computer chips that interact with an EMV-enabled point-of-sale terminal to validate the card